Lunes, Oktubre 12, 2015

The Modern Day Hip Hop Artist

When we talk about pinoy music, the first thing that comes into my mind is pinoy love songs, ballad songs and the like. However, let us not forget the genre of Francis M., Gloc-9 and the genre where  Andrew E. started. 

I was introduced to a music video entitled "Adobo" by Kenjohn Serrano or Kenjhons for short, a few days before I wrote this entry and it took me quite some time to listen to his craft. 


When I first heard his voice, I initially thought that I was like listening to a Filipino version of Eminem or Ron Henley. His voice as well as skill is different from the usual pinoy hip hop artists that I have heard. Kenjhons has a unique style and could possibly pave its way in the international arena. Given the right opportunity, he could effortlessly perform as good or better than Jay-Z, Tupac and other international hip hop artists. 

Well, we got it all here in the Philippines!



Kenjhons is a solo R&B/hip hop artist, who just released his first solo album entitled "Matinik" under Viva Records. 




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento