Linggo, Hunyo 21, 2015

Dear Dad



Dear Dad, 

Mom and most of the people knew that I'm the girl version of you. 
You have always been the best Dad that any version of me and kuya could possibly have. 

You have supported and taught me lessons in a different way and you have been my best critic most of the time. 

It is because of you that I always struggle to be the top dog, the cream of crop even though most of the time, I end up being the first loser. 

You have bring out the best in me and you always push me not to become better but to be the best person I could possibly be. You never said "it's okay/it's fine that you cannot" but you always say that "YOU CAN!". It was never in your idea that I cannot because you have always believed that I can do it, you have put your faith in me that I could always pull it off. You constantly been putting me out of my comfort zone and you were always there to say "Don't Quit!" and I have to face everything at stake. You have always been preparing me to be ready with failures but at the same time challenging me not to fail and it is most of the time that I hate failing and being rejected not because I hate the concept of it, the concept of trying harder and trying my luck the next time but because I fear the concept of disappointing you and making you feel that I am not worthy of the faith that you have given me. 

You were always giving me the "what if" situations so that I will always be ready if things didn't turned out as ideal as what I have expected. 

Guess what Dad, I just hit the jackpot having you as my father, with you I got the best of both worlds. I am lucky that I got most of my traits from my slit eyed dad and I'm proud of it. You may be perfectionist and have always set the standard, and most of the time I'm  afraid of disappointing you but I'm forever grateful that you are who you are and it is what is because I am who I am today because of YOU and it is because of you that I learned to make the most out of first chances and give it my best shot, strive with the utmost strength that I could offer and do the best. 

You have provided us all the means and have given more of what I needed even before I ask for it. You always woke up early for work and work extra long hours just to provide everything and make us feel at ease and comfortable. 

You were the first person who taught me about reality and this society. You have taught me that this world was never safe, never fair and a lot of people will be against you and always ready to pull you down and drag you closer few feet under the ground so you better be the person who is cautiously wiser. You did not contain me in an ideal setting of the society yet you have given me the opportunity to see both sides of what you mean. You have taught me to become responsible and never depend on other people. You have trained me well to become the person that you wanted me to be, to be the person who is not worthy to be used and cheated by selfish people. 

It's most of the time that you're telling me that my sketches, drawings were not good but you have bought me a lot of drawing materials and sketch pad and enrolled me in an Arts Class. It's most of the time that you did not like the sound of my do-re-mi but you hired a piano teacher for me. It's most of the time that my Math grades were not enough but you hired a tutor for me. It's most of the time that you're telling me that my photography skills are bad but you bought me a camera. It's most of the time that I'm afraid of getting lost and you're telling me that I need to do it my way, I need to go there on my own but you never fail to give me a map and give me a ride on my way home. It was graduation day that you told me that you were busy at work and won't be able to attend the ceremony and accompany me to go up the stage and receive my medal, it was the saddest graduation because I knew I disappointed you but you were their at the back silently smiling. You have treated me as a knife that constantly needs to be sharpen in order to improve. I was never the Left Brainer type of person but you have given me a lot of opportunity to enhance both sides, to have the concept of both logic and innovation. You have showed your love and support in a different way but I know it is the most genuine love that I could ever received.

You may not be the person who were literally there to teach me to read the notes and how to use the Clutch-Break and Gas but you have always been my greatest source of strength, greatest source of inspiration to become responsibly independent and to become the best version of me.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

I love you Dad and if I have to choose a father in another lifetime, I would still definitely choose you.

From your slightly slit eyed Daughter

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento